Saturday, March 19, 2011

As Life Reaches for Itself... Welcoming the Spring.


I had spent the long days and nights of Winter, it seems, deep inside of my Hermitage. In February when we were hit with some of the fiercest ice and snow storms, it feels like I had faced and undergone some of the deepest and fiercest Transformations of Self that I'd ever experienced to date on my Spiritual path. It often felt as f I were trying to drive my vehicle on a familiar road, on a dark and foggy rainy night- all of a sudden, unfamiliar, disorienting, and needing to go very slow...

I took, once again, a Soul Realignment, conducted by a collegue, which removed blocks and restrictions that had been present on my Soul's record that had held me in places of deep despair throughout many lifetimes. At the same time, I was gifted with the opportunity to work with the Ten Archangels of the Sephirot, from the Kabbalistic Tree of Life. These Archangels entered my Life with such a Presence, and assisted me in shedding hindering habits and self doubts, things not touched by the Soul Realignment process. Most of the healing that the Archangels inspired in me were not even on the list of "things" I had asked for help with. But of course divine Presence can see into the Totality of our being in ways that our limited Human vision can not.

I spent many moments of this long time in the Hermitage worrying and weeping, dreaming and wondering if I would ever feel again the soft caress of warm winds on my skin. But more, I wondered if I would ever grow to be able to feel myself, truly, as the Joyous and Powerful Creator of the Life that I know, somewhere inside, to be Mine.

And then, something, a feeling inside of me, in the World, began to shift....

One month ago, in February, in a bitter wind,
I remarked to the gentlemen that works at our local public library that,
"Spring is here."
He lifted his eyebrows and pointed his gaze out the window
at the thick frozen blanket of snow and curtly replied, "Reeaaal-ly?"
Unfazed, my eyes brightened, and turning to him, I said,
"Yes, the Chipmunk is awake, and I heard a songbird sing two notes last week-
and the Canada Geese have already begun their journey North."
He looked down at me (I am rather short, he is rather tall), in astonishment,
his tone had become uplifted, changed to fascination as
he unfolded his arms from across his chest
and replied again, "Really?"
"Yes!" I giggled,
"They always let us know when things have changed."
"Well," he said smiling, with his customary royal dignity,
"I guess I have to open up my ears."
"And eyes," I added.




On the door frame of the outside washroom door, my maternal grandfather kept a record of geese sightings. He recorded the date that the last pointed arrow of them were seen in the Autumn skies, and he recorded the day that the first honkings were heard in the Spring. There were decades of these records written meticulously all along the almost seven feet of door frame. Perhaps this is where is where my tender affections for this fowl is seated, or seeded.

There are many patterns of behavior and experience that is stored in our blood, so to say, in the twists and turns of our DNA. Ancestral Memories, some call them. The Whole of the Evolution of Human Experience can be called forth, and called up into our present awareness through our bloodlines- all the way back to the first beings to ever breathe and walk the earth. One of my teachers, Jean Houston, Ph.D. occasionally offered a powerful meditation in experiencing just that- "riding as the prow on the ship of our ancestors."

Unlike my grandfather, I do not keep such meticulous track of the coming and goings of the Geese. It never fails, though, that my heat swells with Joy when I hear that they've returned- as well experiencing the sorrow that takes my heart over when I realize that they've gone... The snow cover, bitter winds and storms may fool some, but my Friends, the Geese know more than humans do.


So, welcome to spring, my Friends. Though I have felt the stirring of the pot many weeks ago, the longing of Life for Itself is rising toward a Crescendo. I am grateful for this, this feeling of Life, of Hope, growing again inside of me as it throbs and beats again All Around me, in the Creatures of the Earth.


It is no secret that We who have chosen to incarnate in this Time have done so at an Apex moment in the Evolution of Human consciousness. It is all around us, in the news, on talk shows, in the books and lectures of the hundreds of spiritual teachers around the globe. The books, the workshops, teachings, movies are too extensive to list. Each individual will and does find the books, teachers and classes that their Soul calls them to. But it is obvious that So many humans are awakening to spirit, to the Interconnectedness of All Life and to the Importance of our role as humans to the care and preservation of the preciousness and sacredness of Earth. What happens to this planet will have a ripple effect throughout the galaxy, the universe. This is not apparently my humble speculation- many scientists are studying and proving this same idea as true.


I want to thank each and every one of you for Your choice to Awaken, to be Present and to co-create with us, in Loving care and Respect for All life. For sharing with us a Vision of an Earth where there is Beauty, Peace and Freedom for all of her Inhabitants to Live and Thrive. And Blessed Be all of your families, friends and all those with whom you interact who feel the ripple effect of your choice to be at One with this Beautiful, irreplacable planet.


I am on this Journey with you- I have Always Been- Now and Forever. And I know that it is not "easy". We, as a collective of Awakened Ones, are laying a path of Light that our Children, indeed all of our decendants shall follow. They may perhaps have a much easier time of it, because We are here and have Chosen to do the Work we do.



May You Feel the Infinite Love and Support of Your Helpers in Spirit, in the "invisible"- in Your greatest moments of despair and in Your most exalted moments of Joy.




MEDITATION:
I suggest to each one of you to TUNE IN to that which is your very own Guidance System at this time.
Let us walk gently, with ourselves and all our relations...


Allow yourself the Time and the Freedom to explore the Wild Places to which you FEEL Drawn. If you live in a city, you may find yourself (if not wandering to a park where the presence of the natural world is more accessible) feeling drawn to the smallest plant reaching for Life through the cracks of a sidewalk, to to another form of Life as you Observe its quest for survival (a city bird, squirrel, insect, etc).

Wherever your Intuition leads you, allow yourself to be in that insular space of non-judgement, in other words, never mind that the passersby may be looking at you as if you are "crazy". Taking this time to give your loving attention to the Life that reaches for Itself is an Important and Powerful Meditation.

Stay for a while, as long as you feel is appropriate, with this place, this plant, this animal, this stone, this stream, this tree...
If you are so adept, feel the energies of this Being, Open your Inner Hearing and Awareness to any messages that this Being has to communicate with you.
In your Heart, let there grow a Light of Love.
This is Your gift to share with this Being and with the Earth. An exchange of the Sacred Medicine of Love and Appreciation.


Try this exercise for at least 5 minutes a day, more if you have the time. Like I always say, the Earth Mother and all of her Creatures can feel the energy we Intend towards them- and like a boomerang, this enegry waves back to us....



So Much Love, and Blessings to you all.




May Your Dreams of the Winter Hermitage
be planted and grow for Your Soul's highest Path and Purpose-
for the Healing and Wholing of this World.



Always,
Rev. Ursula Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment